Need recommendations - Pool guy in Plano TX (DFW)

Jan 31, 2009
Plano, Texas
:?:
Hello all - not sure where I should post this, but looking for a good pool guy in Plano TX (suburb of Dallas).

I generally TRY to take care of everything myself but sometimes get in over my head (e.g. my current battle with my pump motor replacement)

I'm planning to go BBB full on this summer once I get the pool started right, but sometimes just need general help - anything from replacing tiles to plumbing problems to (hopefully not) bailing me out of this current pump motor issue.

thanks!

well i wish i could help, but im in New jersey.

What pump do you have? i may be able to walk you through it. most motor swaps are simple. Even for a knuckle head homeowner :mrgreen: just kidding.. but seriously, let me know which pump you have ( brand. model...ect) and ill be more then happy to help ya if i can :goodjob:

Matt

There are a lot of people here in the forum from the industry that should be able to walk you through the motor swap if you feel you can do it yourself. I would consider trying the DIY way and put the $$ in your pocket and not the PB's

Someone should be along soon to give you some feed back !

Good Luck !

A motor swap isn't too hard. I did mine last season. Turn off the power before you do anything. Note the wiring and disconnect the bolts connecting it to the strainer basket assembly. I carried my old motor as is in to Leslie's and he swapped the impeller and installed the new seal on the new motor for no extra charge.