Bulk delivery of green water

natey

Jul 10, 2015
Dunkirk
Hello everyone.
Just had my pool renovated with new plaster & tile. Pool guy called a local pool water company to fill & the water is bright green. I've learned from this site that there is metal in the water. I am concerned about this water being on my brand new wet plaster. Do you think I should require that the guy pump the water out & find some better water to put in?
Any input would be greatly appreciated! I did a great job attaching the photo. My pool is awesome because the water stays in it when it's inverted.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7543.jpg
    IMG_7543.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 207
Hi, welcome to TFP! Since one of the main reasons to have water delivered is to get metal free water I would ask if there is a metal free source available. Are you not able to fill the pool from your tap?

Has anything been added to this water that you know of, and what was the source? Normally, it won't turn green from metals until Free Chlorine is introduced. I'm not sure you have metals just yet, but do reply and let us know those answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.