Hello from England

UKnick

Jul 10, 2015
Hampshire uk
Hi all,

A quick hello and thank you from the UK. I recently moved to a house with a pool, a bit rare in the UK, and have had a bit of a steep learning curve but with the help of the threads here I'm (hopefully) getting there.

Many thanks again,

Nick

Hello Nick, and welcome! Very happy you found us here. Lots of great people who enjoy helping other pool owners, so visit any time. Take notes of the links in our signatures as they will help give you some vital information as well.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Welcome to TFP!

You may not be able to get a TFTestkits TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 kit where you live (I presume shipping there from here will be awfully expensive), but I believe you should be able to find a Palintest SP 315C that will be almost good enough (it's similar to a Taylor K-2005). If you find one, then you can ask Palintest if they can also get you their SP 300 FAS-DPD chlorine test that they (used to) sell in the U.S. though this might be discontinued. I've just E-mailed Palintest to see what's up with their kits since Taylor isn't available in many countries overseas.

I think this is the most recent thread. Keep us updated what you find. Test kits in the UK

Also, if there are any farm supply stores around, they probably sell high-strength Sodium Hypochlorite as dairy barn sanitizer. Look for Red Label Hypochlorite. As long as the ingredients are only sodium hypochlorite, sodium hydroxide (lye) and water, it's the stuff you want.

Thank you all and my apologies for not replying sooner, it has been a bit busy recently.

Well I'm certainly learning. I've done the dreaded sand change on my filter, changed the spider gasket and gone from green to blue but I think the multi port needs a new spring.

I like the look of those test kits, I'll certainly look into them. Chris (AnnikaF) guess what I'm also in Southampton so I'll probably take you up on your kind offer. Must dash as my daughter is about to launch into the pool.