Hayward DE Pool Filter Pressure

Jul 10, 2015
Tucson
Hi all,

I recently have been trying to get my pool working after years of stagnation. I purchased a new Hayward 48sqft DE filter and installed it myself. When i flip the system on, i can immediately see the pressure rise to over 30lbs. This happened within 1 minute of turning the system on for the first time too. I also tried cleaning the grids, but the pressure continues to be the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We'll need more information about your pool set up, especially your pump. What filter did your remove in order to install this one?

Update your forum signature with as many details as possible, see mine for reference. Go to the Settings link on the upper right of the page, then Edit Signature on the left of the next page.

Hi Jon. It really sounds like you installed the filter wrong. I don't mean to insult you. I just want to help. Perhaps you can double check your install instructions? You have 3 ports to plumb in and I once plumbed one in backwards and it did what yours is doing now

Did you install a push pull or multiport valve. I agree, there may be a problem with plumbing connections. Check to make sure they are going to right place. Also with a 48, you need 6lbs of DE when you charge a clean filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.