WHY should I buy this TF100 test kit from TFTestkits ?

lefty51

Platinum Supporter
Well,.. to most of the 88,000 plus members this will be "preaching to the choir", so I will apologize ahead of time.
To any new members or those "lurking about", this is why. I have only been a member of this site for 2 months, so what makes me such an expert ?

The answer is.. I'M NOT. What I am is a long time pool owner like most of you. And like most of you, I'm curious as to why and how things work. If you have looked around here you have noticed the most gracious, helpful, and plain old good caring folks on this site. The help ranges from the factual, science based aspects of water and chemicals (i.e. chem geek and many others) to the often humorous approach (i.e. Richard320 and others) and also the compassionate (i.e. Kimkats and AZgirl71). There are more of my favorites than I could possibly list here (the Texas connection).

Hmm.. I'm starting to ramble, back to the reason for this rant.

I have noticed some posters have wondered, why this TF100 mantra ? That brings me to my own personal experience here in such a short time, Dave Smith (Duraleigh)
Dave started TFtestkits to offer members an inexpensive way to ACCURATELY test our pool water and save the hundreds a year we (me at least) were spending at the pool store, with at best mixed results.

I know we all want to find the cheapest deal out there. A product of the Ebay, Amazon, etc world we live in. Here is where Dave blows them all away.

He is trying to hold the line on ALL the quality products he sells. He stands behind them AND offers FAST shipping. I, like so many others have struggled to get a handle on CYA testing. I went so far as to purchase the reference solution, so I could see what a 50 reading looked like. Still I struggled getting a reading I was confident in. To the point that chem geek and Richard320 jumped in to offer some encouragement.

It was obvious to me (and them) that it was my testing, not the test. Even at that Dave reached out to me, and at his request we had a 30 minute phone call, where he took the time to offer all kinds of pool advice AND even offered to ship me a new bottle of reference solution if I thought the one I had was bad.

Now where do you find that kind of service anywhere else ?

I'm not an economist, But I know he's not getting rich off this endeavor, He just cares. This website and TFTestkits are examples of how much he cares.

So.. what I'm trying to say in a long winded way, When you see someone say "get the TF100 test kit", remember that kit is tailored specifically for the TFP method and is in the long run, the most accurate and inexpensive way to maintain your pool !

And, TFTeskits.net is the best and only place to buy it.

No one gets a kick back for suggesting it and I am not a relative of Daves'. But if I was I would be proud to say so ;)

Now that I think of it, there are probably over a hundred previous posts on here saying what I just said. But I needed to vent and practice my typing skills (plus I'm to lazy to look for them):oops:

Thanks to all of you for helping me OWN my pool and making me feel welcome here, Especially you Dave :super:

P.S- I WILL shamelessly plug the speedstir as a must for ANY pool owner. It's the most fun I've had since my transistor radio :whoot:

Lefty,I totally agree 100% with your rant. Many TFPer`s feel the same way. Thank you for brushing up on your typing skills and paying tribute to where it is do!

Dave will usually have a sale on a refill kit in the spring, when it's most in demand, and if you couldn't wait and ordered it early they'll usually refund the difference. Very good people to deal with.

This is where I normally crack a lame joke about "your check is in the mail to you" or something like that.

This time, however, I will just say, "Thank you".

I have so much fun talking with people on the phone about their test issues, the reasons behind the tests and, most of all, their pools! It becomes very obvious very quickly that we share a passion for swimming pools on some level that's a bit hard to define.

Some of it is a sense of satisfaction you get when you sit back and look at your crystal clear pool and know that you managed it to that point......it didn't get there because you were lucky, it got there because you made it go there....knowing what you were doing all along.

It's one of those "Job Well Done" things that you know you get complete credit for. (Now, I am the long-winded one)

Very nice words, Lefty51. I love talking about pools.

I too purchased the k2006 from Amazon before finding tfp. The tf100 is a way better value. One can burn right through the k2006 supply pretty fast. At this point, and having spoken to Dave on the phone I completely concur with all the sentiments here. For as long as I have a pool Dave has my business!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have to add, that Dave's daughter Rebecca is tops too. I live in Raleigh, and when I joined this site to learn how to save my pool in a week for my 4th July party, I was elated to learn how close TFTestkits was to me. I emailed them on a late Friday asking if they had a storefront that I could come get a kit (I didn't know anything at this point). Of course the answer was no, but she graciously offered for me to come by their home on a Saturday to pick one up. Since that time, I have her personal cell # and she has willingly answered questions and offered advice, even while on vacation (sorry!). I even had a friend stop by that lives 5 minutes from them and pick me up some additional reagents and she billed me later. The company and the family are top notch.

This site and the people here are the best. I know more now about water chemistry than I ever thought I would. AND was struggling with an unlevel AGP when I ran across this post:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/45355-unlevel-pool-6-inches-off-lets-not-drain-it!

About half way thru reading I saw:

Good grief, fix it properly before someone gets hurt.

That was all I need to see. So I'm draining mine and starting over with a level surface. I have only received top-notch advice form this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it bad that sometimes I just take out my Speedstir and watch it swirl around tap water?

+100!
I have not been to a pool store since finding this site & using the TF-100!
As much as I try, I cant screw up my water and the damm pool is always crystal clear.
Last week I ordered some refill items from TFTestKits and needed to add to the order. Without going into detail their (Rebecca) response was above & beyond.
I was already a customer for life, but they keep doing good stuff.

As yes Speedstir rules :super:

There so many myths about taking care of pools. I have to say I was hesitant about dumping half my pool water to get my CYA down but I was also tired of always being on the verge of a algae outbreak. Four years ago I started following the advice on the board, got the TF100 kit started keeping a log and maintained my numbers within the advised parameters and now I have a half bottle of algaecide that’s almost 4 years old. YES this works, but only if you can accurately measure your chemical levels.

So many warm fuzzies in this thread! :goodjob:

Here's some more
WarmFuzzies.jpg

Dang----------I just may have to get one of those TF100 kits myself!:D

If you did the Dave or Bo would have to come over and operate it for you. It's not like scotch and water. (oh, I think I'll add less water this time to see what color the scotch is ):confused:

And as you already know, the speedstir is great for mixing drinks. It's just that they are way way to small to enjoy ;)

I have to agree, I am a newbie, and I just ordered my refills from them. I have emailed Rebecca and have gotten a response within 30 min. Now that is Customer Service. I would like to say Thank you....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.