Jul 4, 2015
Hampton
My current pool is rather old and I am unable to find parts and the liner needs replacing. If I take it apart to do that don't know if I will go back together. Thinking about just getting a newer pool but as can be seen in the picture
attachment.php
the previous homeowner built the deck right up against the previous pool so how hard would it be to find another pool the would fit relatively in the same spot?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150704_200739.jpg
    20150704_200739.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 229
Does the deck go all the way around? Can you show a picture that includes the whole pool and deck?

If the deck is not very big they can probably work around it. May need to take off the boards closest to the pool to reach some things.

Welcome to TroubleFreePools. Hope you stick around and take advantage of what this site and the people here have to offer. If you do you can have a great pool to enjoy and only spend minutes a day maintaining it. While your debating your options take the time to read http://www.troublefreepool.com/content.php and The TFPC method to better understand everything.

I just replaced my 2o year old ABG that looked like your top rails and connectors going through that same process. My old pool was a 24 foot diameter, 48 inch deep. I looked at several new pools both with metal and resin components. I had measured the distance between the post on the old pool and new it had 15 post total. The old post were only 4 inches wide.

All of the new pools with metal post and a couple with resin post were within the same measurements as the old pool except some the post were wider. The wider post would of easily worked with just minor trimming of the deck boards to make sufficient clearance. Any of these would of been an easy replacement in my opinion as the patio blocks that supported my old post could of been used over after checking for level.

I ended up going with a 24 foot x 54 inch deep Sharkline Matrix by Wilbar International from PoolSupplyWorld.com based on reviews here and looking at one set-up at an area dealer. It is all Resin except the wall. But it has 18 post so I had to redo my patio blocks, I just added new ones and left the old ones in place as to not disturb the base layer any more than I had too.

I would think if you go with the same diameter pool with the same number of post you would be able to do it with only minor trimming of your deck. Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Well just checked it out and parts of the pool wall are rusted so replacing the pool looking at the Aquarian 700, or the Belair 54" as far as I know they both have 16 uprights(same as current 24' pool) waiting to hear back on that one. And other suggestions for a 24' Round hybrid pool? These two booth have resin top/bottom rails and uprights with steel walls.

Thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.