Hayward H300 Heater problem no code

Jul 9, 2015
hamilton
Hi guys I have a hayward 300fdn natural gas heater about 5 years old. I had it running fine. This morning it was still running, the pool was at 87 degrees. But when I checked it this afternoon it had stopped. The service light is on and in the display it is showing the number 56. As if 56 degrees. It will not change mode at all it is stuck in pool mode. I tried restarting it, I unplugged it for about ten minutes and restarted it and it is still stuck on the pool mode and 56. The only thing when I first restart it , it will flash and display the degrees of water temp at 86 and the stops and service light and 56. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Are all the numbers displaying correctly? Meaning, maybe the display portion of the board is shot and the 56 is actually a set of letters. I've had people clal me saying their display says "5S" but it's actually "SF" as the digits on the display are messed up. Also, if you can't change the mode, then I would have to guess the board is shot and you need to replace it.

Are all the numbers displaying correctly? Meaning, maybe the display portion of the board is shot and the 56 is actually a set of letters. I've had people clal me saying their display says "5S" but it's actually "SF" as the digits on the display are messed up. Also, if you can't change the mode, then I would have to guess the board is shot and you need to replace it.[/
Thanks for your reply. The board numbers are perfectly fine. I also just got in from giving it a good clean and checked all the wires and harnasses. They were all fine. I wiggled the igniter. I don't know what I did but it's coming on now but the display is still on 56 and it will not change modes and service light is still on.

My guess is the reading is really Sb rather than 56. This means one of the keys on the key pad is stuck. if you can not get the key to unstick the key pad needs to be replaced. FDXLBKP1930 is the part number. If under warranty, call our tech line and they will help. 908-355-7995

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.