Power problems after pool liner replaced

gio5

Jun 12, 2015
Springfield/ MO
We just had our liner replaced and the installer told us that the light hook up in the pool was bad and he couldn't get the chord pulled back through so he didn't hook it back up - I don't really have proof of what was wrong, I wasn't there and he called my husband about it. Then when we went to use our outlets by the pool the outlets no longer work, they are wired into our electirical box for the pool and on the circuit with the light. He came back and told us the GFI switch is bad and left.

We are getting ready to replace this, and will need someone to come look at the light so we asked him to split the cost and he has refused. We only asked him to split the cost because all of these things were working before he came out, and when he couldn't find get the power running at our outlets for his equipment (there is a switch up at the house that he didn't know about) rather than calling us he chose to hard wire his equipment into the electrical box, with all of it exposed as the pool filled to the point he could remove the vacuum, which was several days and we did have some rain during this time.

Thank goodness the pump is still running, but we are extremely frustrated we may be out more money for something we have no way of proving whether it was going bad or the way they hard wired into the system caused the problem.

Any advice - it seems reasonable to share the cost of repair of the things that suddenly quit working after he installed the liner. He has a good reputation, he is a smaller pool service company, and he was the original installer of the liner on our pool before we owned the house.

Lets look at this from the pool guys point of view -- he comes out to do the job and there is no power. You forgot to turn the switch on. Which switch, many electricians would argue, is a code violation. He improvised to mitigate your screw up.

He was able to remove the light and cord but not reinstall it -- because, in his view, your conduit or the condition of your light cord would not permit it.

In his view he did nothing wrong. And under the facts you present I'm tending to agree with him.

I'm not saying he is right -- but when talking to him you might want to understand his view of the dispute.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.