Hayward evac vs Zodiac MX8

DJ13

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm trying to decide bewteen the MX8 which currently has a $150 rebate so effectively around $450 in Canada, or the Hayward evac robotic for $700. I was interested in the MX8 since it is advertised as need less suction power to be effective and I've had bad luck with the membrane suction cleaners. Is the evac a low quality robotic cleaner? I ask because generally the robots are upwards of $1000. I have a new VS pump so was thinking I could dial in the right suction to use with the MX8.

Does anyone have any experience with the evac?

After a bit more reading I've started looking at the Dolphin line. I found a Dolphin Neptune for $700 (Canada), are these equivalent to the DX3? At this price range the only other option I've seen locally is $800 for the Hayward evac and given the choice between the two I would think the Dolphin is the better option?

Hopefully someone can give me a bit of guidance...

Yes, the Neptune and DX3 are equivalent robots. From what I have read here at TFP I would stick with the Dolphin robots over the Hayward robots.

For the most part, the more you spend on a robot you get a longer warranty, more cleaning power, and the remotes are included and have more controls on them.

If you wanted to go the suction cleaner route, take a look at "The Pool Cleaner" by Poolvergnuegen.

You can read this link, Pool School - Automatic Pool Cleaners, for a little more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.