green machine

May 16, 2013
Janesville WI
Breaker popped while on vacation, assume cause of storm. Swg and pump shutoff for 3 days. Thought my levels should have sustained that long but oh well green algae now.
Calc says fc should be 5 target 7 and shock 24. My cya is 60 ph 7.9. In order to shock to 24 I'm supposed to add 379 Oz of bleach. Once I add I come back in hour and test for fc? Using Taylor k2006 test I registered fc 40ppm does that make sense?

I was not able to confirm your pool gallon size to validate against the Poolmath calculator. But a SLAM FC of 24 for yoru CYA (60) is correct. So I would think either something happened with your FC test or your pool volume may have been incorrect on the calculator? Of course I don't know if your FC was actually zero upon returning from vacation. Probably was, but ....

Calc says 7600 gallons

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
An 18' X 48" Intex filled to 42" is 6700 gallons. I find that for my 18' X 48" ultra frame 6600 gallons in pool math works out perfect for me.

Using 6700 gallons in pool math, 379oz of 8.25% will raise FC by 38ppm.

Dom

With 7,600 gal pool, the calculator gave me 2 gallons & 2 cups (270 oz) to get from a SLAM FC of zero to 24. That's based on the CYA of 60. So I would keep the FC at 24 or slightly higher from this point forward. If it's too high right now, you can let it sink lower. It won't take long.

If your volume is actually lower as suggested above (i.e. 6,700), then you would need 1 Gal & 3 qrts (238 oz) to go from zero to an FC of 24.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't forget to brush your pool. It'll also help your filter catch the dead algae floating in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.