Patio with natural sunlight skylights?

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
Does anyone know who makes these systems? My neighbor has one but doesn't remember who installed it. They look like fluorescent light fixtures, but they're actually natural sunlight skylights. It's hard to google info about them since it just turns up results about roofing skylights.

They look like this:

patio-cover-skylights.jpg

patio_covers_07.jpg

Sorry you have not received a reply. I cannot help with your issue. Even on this VERY busy forum, there are sometimes questions that no one has a good answer for. Your's might be one of them.

Have you contacted Great Day Improvements, LLC?
Not sure from the picture what material they are. They could be a frosted glass, acrylic, polycarbonate, or something else.

I did a couple of web searches, and I would advise you look at greenhouse web sites, they use a number of materials for roofing. You should be able to get some specs about thickness etc that you need. From there, I would search for plastic sheets, acrylic sheets, or polycarbonate sheets.

Home Depot carries a number of plastic sheet type materials, acrylic and polycarbonate. This one at first pass looks similar to what you show in your picture.
OPTIX 48 in. x 96 in. x 1/8 in. Frosted Acrylic Sheet-MC-107 - The Home Depot

However, I am no builder. Hope some of this is helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.