Intex 26' pool first year, rust starting on many T-joints

May 30, 2015
Southern Illinois
I'm not sure what to do about this, it hasn't been 90 days since I bought the pool and I just noticed rust starting on probably 10 out of 26 T-joints. Is this normal for intex pools? What can I do about it? I mean, I am really not prepared to take my entire pool down and apart to replace it right not but I also don't want to be left with a pile of rust next year. Has anyone had this problem? What is intex customer support's solution? Any suggestions?

that's not good, its under warranty so I would call them and see what they are willing to do. that's a big pool to have to drain, refill and rebalance. might be worth sanding off the rust and applying a outdoor paint/sealant

Yea, I finally got everything with the pool sorted and am at that blissful point of just adding about 2ppm of FC each night and smooth sailing and now another problem. Bleh. It makes me worry about what is happening where I can't see if the materials weren't properly finished or treated. I will see what they say about it and if it's ridiculous I will try to sand it off and seal the rest of them. I know nothing about this, what kind of sealant would I use?

For the price, I consider I've gotten my money's worth if I get three years out of one. I leave mine up year round, and I'm starting to get a little rust this year, its second. I'll take a rattle can of Rustoleum to it at the end of this season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.