Omnilogic and heat pump issue

heatdissipation

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 13, 2014
Central PA
Has anyone else had this problem, I contacted the Hayward rep that came out when my pool was being built and he said he wasn't sure why it is doing this but would research and get back to me, haven't heard back yet.

My problem is when the omnilogic calls for the heat pump to come on, it turns my ecostar pump to high, after reaching the set temperature my pump goes back to scheduled speeds. When I configured the heater with the omnilogic I have it set for a minimum pump speed of 40%, I have played with that number, setting minimum pump speed higher and lower, But still the pump goes to 100% when calling for heat.

I have set the heat pump to standalone mode and turned the speeds on the pump down as low as 10% before the heat pump detects no flow, so I know 40% is a speed that the heat pump will operate at.

Last edited:
The omnilogic expert was of no help either. Walter had no idea why or what was happening. There has to be a way for the omnilogic to be able to heat the pool without the pump being on 100%. He is calling some other people and said he would call me back, but it's exactly what the other Hayward rep said. And I still have never heard from him. Getting frustrating

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.