Jandy 1400 high salinity alarm

GeneR

Jul 8, 2015
Early, Tx
I have a jandy 1400 cellthat I bought last season to replace my previous 1400. 3 weeks ago I added salt because salt level was 2.8 gr/l on the display unit. That Raised the level to 3.5, worked great until 3 days ago, then it read high salt of 5.2 and error code "174", I thought this was a problem with the cell. I removed it and gave it a 4/1 acid soak for 10 minutes,then cleaned the sensor with plastic scrub pad. I took a sample to local pool supply, reading was 3.8. Started added water, and I ordered a oaktron saltester 11. Today the tester came in and water tested 3.1, but swg display is reading 4.2 and error code "174". Any ideas? Thanks

"Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test
buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’
key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.
While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It
should read 75° F or 24° C.
Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’
key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front
cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .
If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor."

174 is high temperature, not high salt. What temperature is displayed when you press the button?
What model aquapure do you have? Try the above procedure to see if tge board is ok.

I will try this procedure today. I am thinking its a sensor problem, yesterday I calibrated the salinity setting from 4.5 to 3.1 to match the salt tester reading. (I had taken several samples from the last 2 days, all had read 3.1 and 3.2.). 3hours after calibrating, the display gave a low salinity reading of 2.3 and error code 144. I then re calibrated the unit to 3.1, it worked ok the rest of the day but I thinking the problem is not finished.

Thanks for info
This is my first time to join a forum, and the response has been great.

Sorry it's been awhile, I've been busy.
the temp reading is 89 to 91 , seems to be correct.
Still has the same problem, I will adjust the setting back to 3.1 and after a few hours it will read low salinity if I adjusted it from a high salinity error code, or high if I adjusted from a low salinity error. I removed the sensor and cleaned it with scotch-brite pad , still same results.
Is there a better generator than Jandy?
thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test
buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’
key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.
While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It
should read 75° F or 24° C.
Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’
key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front
cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .
If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor."

174 is high temperature, not high salt. What temperature is displayed when you press the button?
What model aquapure do you have? Try the above procedure to see if tge board is ok.

Ok
test 1. 1.9 This is after I've been adjusting salinity on unit.
test 2. 74
test 3. 89

model is apure 1400, this is on the tag "pure1400/cm601", back board "clormatic lll" revision 8.
original main unit with a replacement salt cell that I had to add a patch board adapter to main board and plug sensor cord into the patch board.

my latest posts describe this problem in further detail.
the salinity reading changes constantly, and the flow indicator light doesn't light up.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.