Proper Hose for Backwashing an Intex?

PJBear

May 25, 2014
Owen Sound, ON
I have an Intex Ultra Frame with the sand filter and pump combo. For other owners of something similar, what hose or setup do you use when backwashing? I have a black hose with an end that fits inside the outlet but due to the water pressure I have to hold onto it the entire time. There MUST be something better. Help please!:(:confused:

Thanks,
PJ

I can't remember if my sand pump came with a hose specific for back washing or not. But since I already had the correct hoses with the pool, I used one of the extra hoses I didn't need that came with the pump to backwash. (Bought the pump after the pool) if I hadn't given the extra hoses to someone else, I'd offer them to you!

I have an Intex Ultra Frame with the sand filter and pump combo. For other owners of something similar, what hose or setup do you use when backwashing? I have a black hose with an end that fits inside the outlet but due to the water pressure I have to hold onto it the entire time. There MUST be something better. Help please!:(:confused:

Thanks,
PJ

I have this same setup and just figured out something that works. I took the white hose that you use to backwash and that connects to the inlets and took my vacuum hose to True Value and they found me a piece that fits securely in both. Now I just close the inlet hose, unscrew it and pop on the hose connected to the vacuum hose and turn the pump on. I get great suction and it works like a charm.

As far as the hoses, the filter should have come with one to use for backwashing, if not you can order them, they are pretty cheap I think.

I made a fitting using the nut off of an old Intex hose. Kind of like what people use to hard plumb the lines. THIS THREAD HAS PICS. So here are the parts I used. CANTEX ADAPTER, 90 DEG ELBOW, and a short piece of 1 1/4" PVC to connect it together. Then I used a hose clamp to tighten the 1 1/2" BACKWASH HOSE to the male end of the 90* fitting. I hope this makes sense, I will try to take a picture of what I have to post.

Thanks everyone! Lots of great ideas. I will go out an purchase a backwash hose and either use a hose clamp or a zip-tie. I think I can rig something up using your ideas.

PAGirl, thanks for the almost hose. You are so sweet!

Hope everyone gets lots of swimming in this weekend!

PJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.