Krystal Clear model 637r filter pump

Jul 8, 2015
vancouver , wa
I have an Intex 16 x 42 above ground pool. I buy my chemicals from a very reliable pool retailer. He informs me that the pump is not big enough to circulate the much needed chemicals to maintain healthy water for swimming.. he also states that in order for the pool to be safe the pump must remain on for 24 hrs. I have spoken to the folks at Intex and they have informed me that this pump (model 637R) should not run no more than 8hrs. Rather than what the pool retailer informed me that in order for the chemicals to work effectively the pump must remain on for 24 hrs. I feel that the provided pump is not able to work efficently and effectively. I surely don't want my grandchildren comming over the next day and showing me a rash that they got due to the chemicals weren't circulated enough in the pool.
I have also seen many post about this particular pump and that many consumers have had to replace the pump. As many as 3x seen that folks have had to do during the hot summer. I ask here how many of you folks have had issues with this model. Lastly how long do you folks leave your pump on. I ask this question as if Infact the pump is to remain on for 24hrs Intex has not provided the much needed pump to do the job.
Thank you,
Peter Unwin
[email protected]

I upgraded from the 530 GPH intex to the 637R for my Intex Easy Set 12' by 30". I have a solar mat heater connected inline which naturally slows down the flow. I dislike the filter pump strongly. It's flow rate is just woeful.

This adapter...
http://www.intexcorp.com/10722.html - adapter B

...could get you into something sized a bit bigger. I would make neurotically sure that any given purchase of a superior replacement filter pump came with all adapters needed to work with Intex's hose connection oddball sizing.

They have sand filters that hook up easily to the Intex. Some are on sale at Walmart.com. A smallish one runs about $120. and in a pool that size, you might only need to run it around 3-4 hours. I ran mine in my 18' pool around 4 hours on average. Made my water sparkle!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.