26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Finally got the pool up and mostly filled. Hope to start the filter tonight. It has taken a month to get it put up, lots of rain in central PA this summer.

We started with a bit of ground leveling. (Traded old 18' pool for this! Was like new.)

Then a base of modified 2A.

Next was leveling the pavers. (Took forever! Part I disliked the most! Only did a few at a time due to weather.)

Next was sand....

Don't have a picture of the elephant pad (gorilla pad knockoff) because we got everything done so quickly. Probably overkill, but being on the edge of a field, we didn't want to take any chances with bugs or thick grass coming through the liner.

Pool up, not straightened yet.

Half full, legs leveled. (Picture crooked, not pool, lol.) finally some sunshine!

Got the sand filter hooked up, tested TA, 80, PH around 6.8. Got the CYA hanging already, in anticipation of starting filter in the next hour. Of course, it started to drizzle as I was doing my testing, so I quit. Weekend looks good for swimming, should be ready!

Thanks! I had one about ground prep, but it ended up mostly being about the rain, so I wanted to condense it and add the steps we took to complete the install. Want to take a few more pictures when it is nice out and water is complete.

I was glad we did the crusher underneath. Two of my from legs are half off, toward the pool, but so far so good. I knew one would be a little, and I had the railing ring to go by, dont know how that happened, as the ones directly across are exactly where they should be. It didn't kick forward quite as much as anticipated, but is pretty sound so far. I just gave my friend back his transit. He thought I did a great job. My husband thought I was a bit OCD about the whole thing, ha ha. But he doesn't hang out here, so he just wouldn't understand, lol.

Your pictures are really great !!! You helped me out a great deal and so have others. But since I know nothing about how to post pictures.... Picture a spatula the handle is the pool leg, the spatula ( top) is the T & where it connects to the leg & it tilts inward..... I'm so sorry for I am technologically challenged !!!!!!

Set up a Photobucket account (free!). You then click on upload, and choose your pictures. After they are loaded, click on the one you want to post. There is a place to the right with different choices for posting. Where it says IMG, you want to select and copy the link, then come to TFP, start your post, and paste the link to the pics there.

Here is the forum's tutorial, might be clearer than mine:
Posting Photo's Tutorial

The pictures in this thread were from my ancient iPhone. I have a Canon camera I want to use to take a few nice pictures once everything is finished. Thank you for the kind words!

It's not a quarter in the deep end, but a Penny in the shallow, lol. At some point I want to do that with my DSLR, I bet you could read the date! But I am afraid to take it in the pool!

Thank you Trouble Free Pool, for the knowledge and know how for a super clean pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you. Did another backwash after I vacuumed. It was brown. There is a bit of rust in our water, we are at the end of the line. That was my second backwash, I was surprised it was brown again. I was a bit worried my pump was undersized for this pool, but so far it seems to be working great, I just run it longer than I did on the 18'.

Your views are breath taking!

I'm surprised your husband won't swim. Why? Because mine said the same thing n swore he wouldn't clean the pool or swim much... Well, I can't even remember the last time I vacuumed the pool. :mrgreen: He loves being the pool boy.

Now that the pool is on the sun, he has been getting in after work for a little bit. It cools him down for the evening. It was his idea to get the 26', I was going to go with the 22'. He is pushing for the deck to get done. Have to call around for prices, etc. I mostly want it to cut down on grass and dirt in the pool, ha.

As for the view, you should see the sunsets! I will capture one soon and share! I tried to get one the other day, but my phone didn't quite capture the beauty. It's rainy, of course, right now, though we did get a swim and the vacuuming done earlier.

Re: 26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Your views are breath taking!

I'm surprised your husband won't swim. Why? Because mine said the same thing n swore he wouldn't clean the pool or swim much... Well, I can't even remember the last time I vacuumed the pool. He loves being the pool boy.

I just realized what you meant.... When I said he didn't hang out here, I meant at TFP, LOL. He isn't much of a swimmer, but will get in and cool off when it's warm enough. I think he is enjoyin the larger pool. The boys can horse around now without splashing dad.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait for that pic...the one with the toes at the end of the floaty! Your water is so clear, fabulous job!

Thank you. I found TFP when I first bought my 18' Intex in 2012, so I had some practice!

Last night my son remarked that we forced him into hard labor with the pool, telling him it was for him and his brother, but now my husband and I keep chasing them out so we can enjoy it by ourselves a bit, ha ha. (Only right after my husband gets home from work.) And the hubs apparently appreciates the clear, sparkly water, he told me I should start a pool care business, lol. We are going to get our deck built the weekend after next, so excited! It will be 12 ' x 16'.

Supplies for the new deck are being delivered tomorrow! Looks like we might get the deck built a week early! Super excited. Hubby has been in the pool almost every day. The water is so clear he thought the pump basket was empty. We closed the valves and went to unscrew the lid, lots of water in there! Ha ha.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.