26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Hello PAGirl! Your install looks very nice, we weren't quite as extravagant, it was sort of a last minute decision, so only sand underneath the pool (no pavers for the legs) Seems OK so far (only installed pool last Friday)

Question for you: What are you planning to do with it this winter, of course the manual says to disassemble completely and store. I've had smaller versions and it seems the following year after storage, they either smell bad and/or have several leaks. I've seen some web-site talking about treating them like a typical above ground pool, e.g. lowering the water level, winterizing, putting some floating pillows in, and placing a winter cover on it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Thank you. I am planning on leaving it up. Haven't decided about the cover or not. I left my 18' x 48" up for two years with no ill effects. Last year I didn't even end up putting the pump away, ( it was empty though) due to a death in the family in late Sept. We had the coldest winter I can remember, and it was good to go this spring. I did lower the water below the returns and take the hoses off. When I took the 18' down to give to a friend, there wasn't any noticeable rust or holes.

We are loving our new pool, even more so now that it is actually hot out!

You can leave them up all year round. I would cover them but definitely leave the pool up.

A few tiny ones, but they can't really be seen. I really think the Elephant (Gorilla knockoff) helped ,as I was able to still move it around a bit even when it had two feet of water in it. It seemed to make it slide easier. I was trying to remove them while it was first filling, but it was 9:30 at night, the water was freezing, and my flashlight holders weren't willing to stay, ha ha.

Decking supplies were delivered yesterday, my (ex)BIL showed up this evening to start building it! It's going to be 12'X16'. He thinks it will be done by the weekend! No rain in the forecast!

They got more done than pictured here, but I forgot to take a picture.

That's my husband on the right, my BIL is on the left. My husband and son are helping him.

A few tiny ones, but they can't really be seen. I really think the Elephant (Gorilla knockoff) helped ,as I was able to still move it around a bit even when it had two feet of water in it. It seemed to male it slide easier. I was trying to remove them while it was first filling, but it was 9:30 at night, the water was freezing, and my flashlight holders weren't willing to stay, ha ha.

thanks, I know the feeling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, not yet, thanks for asking. BIL took the day off, which was okay, as hubby had an automotive project he needed to get done. It also left time for swimming, as I didn't really want to be in the pool while he was building, I'd feel guilty! Hoping to get the deck done by the weekend!

Yes, with 2 teenage boys, I'm guessing there will be some movement of the frame. Though, the other night my son did his wave pool for the small kids (made me extremely nervous!) and it didn't seem to move as much as the old one did.

I've got 4 from 3-14 that are currently jumping off the ladder. So yeah, I'm building my deck to be over the rail. If they're gonna jump, I'd prefer them to jump from a solid structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boards for the floor were finished tonight so the boys tried it out. It was a success. My oldest son helped put the deck boards on.

They got one side of railing on. It was pretty dark, they wanted to swim anyway. Mom was too tired! I climbed under and put black landscape fabric to keep the weeds from growing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.