Truck of water

Jun 16, 2015
Burke VA
Hey TFP, pool will be filled with water next Tuesday from a truck. It's time to put all my research to work. I have a TF 100 TEST kit. I'm thinking that once the pool is filled I'll check all ph, ch, cc, alk cya. Than just start dumping chemicals in and run the pump for 48 hours and check every day to see any change. If someone could guide me towards a thread if this has already been covered would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, so tap/truck water has no cya already in it? and after adding cya, it usually takes a week to register fully on a test. Should I add chlorine based on my expected cya?

Add borates once everything is good and STABLE, especially TA. Once the borates are in there, your TA will be harder to change. Make sure your pH is stable too. (Btw, since adding borates to my pool early last season, I have never had to adjust my pH or my TA. I don't have a SWG and rarely use my water features which helps...)

Is the tanker bringing regular water or "pool" water? I am wondering because there is a company in my area that does do "pool" water and it already has CYA.

If your pool has been recently redone, you will need to follow the pool builder's recommendations to protect any warranty.

I'll have to check on that, btw it is a above ground pool. And it's a vinyl liner. I know I haven't created my "signature" yet. Been busy reading all this great material on the forums. I actually think I'm looking forward to taking care of my pool more than swimming in it. Look what you people have made me become.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
congrats on the new pool...

since you are vinyl lined, start with getting your ph to 7.5, add enough bleach to get up to 3ish (right away), and mix your cya with HOT water to desolve it quicker (a pound or so per 4-5 gals of water-- stir and wait and repeat... it won't desolve in the pail it it greatly speads the process) shoot for 30 cya to start and that way if you have to neglect your pool for a couple days and are forced to use pucks to hold the chlorine level (tricolor or dichlor) your cya will stay below acceptable norms... once the pool water has stabilized near 7.5 / 3-4 & 30ish then you can worry about the TA... see the calculator to get an idea of how much and of what to add http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

I've read other threads stating that CYA, in the quantity needed for an entire pool, won't dissolve in a bucket of water, even if you use very hot water. Previous poster, what have you observed when you try the procedure you describe?

I have noticed that the CYA I put in a sock in our newly filled pool at the beginning of the swim season dissolves very slowly at first (when the water is around 60 degrees F), and much more quickly when the water is warmer. However, that observation is in thousands of gallons of water, not in a bucket.

Hey TFP, pool will be filled with water next Tuesday from a truck. It's time to put all my research to work. I have a TF 100 TEST kit. I'm thinking that once the pool is filled I'll check all ph, ch, cc, alk cya. Than just start dumping chemicals in and run the pump for 48 hours and check every day to see any change. If someone could guide me towards a thread if this has already been covered would be appreciated.

What kind of pool is this? Please let us know, but add those details to your sig line. Some things may differ depending on what type it is. Are you assured there is no metal in this water being trucked in? I would double check that. What is your reason for trucking in just curiously..?

Although they may be great for you, there is no need to rush and assume you want borates. They are very optional.

Please do NOT put the CYA in a bucket. You do NOT want to take the chance of any of it sitting on the bottom of your new pool.

Put it in a sock and hang it in front of the return. You can and should give a few squeezes when you are out there.

Kim

I just did a search for kayak pools! Can you please post a link to the one you bought? They look so neat!

I can't wait to see a pic of YOUR pool! Hurry!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=pool%20stabilizer&typeahead=pool%20sta

This should be a link to Walmarts CYA

- - - Updated - - -

Liquid is faster but it costs more.

http://www.nassaupoolsandspas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kayak_pool01.jpg that's probably one that is closest to the one I got, unfortunately in ground was not possible in my area so I went with above ground. The contractor said it takes one day to build. I'll post a time lapse video once they are here on Tuesday. Before and after pictures as well.

Is it safe to pour the liquid cya directly into pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.