Is there a correct order & method to add these?

DGS

Jun 23, 2015
memphis tn
I need to add about 36 pounds of Calcium Chloride, about 6 pounds of CYA and about 3 pounds of baking soda.
Seeking advice on order to do so. I know to do the sock in skimmer for CYA. I am also assuming that I should probably not just dump in 36 pounds of a chemical but maybe do it in stages???

Any advice on methodology to do this chemical cocktail is appreciated! Also-should I anticipate any cloudiness at any stage or other signs that are not normal to the eye of a novice pool owner?
Thanks!

My apologies!I had posted all the test results in my earlier thread today and didn't realize I should have continued the previous thread. I gave approximate amounts based on the pool calculator totals. I assumed that I wold most likely be checking and/or splitting input and perhaps modifying amounts based on readings over the time chemicals are added.
As of last night from Taylor 2006 DPD FAS
Chlorine was still really high (too high to register on Pentair Rainbow)and so was CYA (vial was filled but black dot still there.
FC 6.5
CC .5
pH 7.4
TA 80
Ch 100
CYA 80+ (i quit wasting the powder)

Here are test reults for Leslies and the premier pool guys in this area from last night:

As of last night:
Leslies:
FC 4
TC 4
CH 180
TA 70
pH 7.4
Copper 0
Iron 0
CYA 0
Phosphates 200

Pool Sharks
FC 3.96
TC 4.34
CC .38
pH 7.3
CH 102
TA 61
CYA 21
Copper 0
Iron 0

I took it the the "store guys" bc I was new to the DPD FAS and wanted some type of verification (read HOPE).

Last night Chlorine was still high but had come down. I did add about 10 lbs of baking soda.

As of this morning here are the #'s:
FC 9
CC 1
TA 100
pH 8
I didn't do the CH or CYA but I can. I just fear I will be out of CYA today!!! (on a fixed income here-Senior Citizen)

you're right. Dont just dump in 36 lbs of Calcium chloride in the pool.

Fill a 5 gallon buck with pool water and add CC to it until the water turns pure white, stir it with your hand. Dont be alarmed when the water in the bucket warms up considerably, and almost immediately. Thats normal.

Then pour the bucket in the pool.

Them mix another bucket full and pour it in a different part of the pool... and just repeat the process untill you have added it all.

Next do the baking soda
then do the CYA
(it really doesnt matter in which order you add these though).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.