Broken link

That is the same link. Where did you find this link?
When we switched servers, the addresses to specific threads/posts change.

I suspect you had this saved off somewhere and are not trying to go back to the thread?

If you just searched for the title shown in the URL, you would find it here:
TA--What is it really?

No, when you switch servers the links do not change. What the issue is any links in the site that have html in the URL, are from when the site was on phpbb. So when the site was switched to vBulletin, those links no longer are valid. So the host has to install a module in Apache, and add some url's rewrites, so the links go to the proper place.

Ozzy, thanks for the correction ... although to me that still sounds like the "links are broken" ;)

I spent a good bit of time fixing (by changing) a lot of links in the first server change in the Intex thread. If I understand you correctly, if the server was working with the proper modules, the old links would have automatically redirected to the correct new URL.

As of right now this is an issue that will occur each time TFP switches servers at all. We are working to correct this issue fully and put this to rest forever, rather than patch it as we have in the past. Something happened somewhere during the conversion from phpBB to vB.....and we're looking to figure it out and correct it.

Lee

Correct. When we first moved from Jason's server to the first server, they were broke (cause the rewrites were not in place in the Apache side of the server). But I then finally got it working, to where when you clicked on the link, it would redirect you to the right place automatically.

But since you are now on another server, this has to be set up again.

The new host was given the steps to correct this by me, but they still have not got to it just yet. So any link on the site that has a html in the URL will not work, you will get the 404 page.

As of right now this is an issue that will occur each time TFP switches servers at all. We are working to correct this issue fully and put this to rest forever, rather than patch it as we have in the past. Something happened somewhere during the conversion from phpBB to vB.....and we're looking to figure it out and correct it.

Lee

Yeah something went wrong in the impex when you went from phpbb to vBulletin. Adding the correct rewrites in Apache is not a patch, it is the simplest and best way to do it. It takes about two minutes once the correct modules are installed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.