Mom&Pop Inground 18x36 diy project

Welcome :wave:

Looking good! We just can't get enough pix.

Little Jake seems to have come prepared to work and a great addition to the team!

Your home is beautiful. Is this the house you pay-as-you-go-DIY'd?

Sounds like you and DH are pro DIYers! :goodjob:

Looking forward to the updates.

Hey mom and pop!

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.. you seem to be doing a GREAT job! I added your site in my favorites and look forward to seeing new pics! Which liner did you guys decide to go with?

my only suggestion is once you get all the babes over for the pool party send me an invitation :roll: :shock:

Hi all,
Yes, we are confirmed DIY'ers. The house was a pay as you go - thus the 3 years 3mo construction time. We would build until the money gave out - then accumulate the next amount. We did it all but the plumbing and brick laying - with a minimal amount of hired day labor.

The pool project is going well - and much faster than the house :-D . I have a the photos from yesterday to post now.

Did I mention that I ordered the grandkids a new swimsuit yesterday :roll: We are getting excited. :goodjob:

Hi Mom and Pop
What a wonderful thing to do, build a pool for your children and your grandchildren. Vey admirably, I guess you will have your family very close to you this summer. :-D
If you have been able to build that lovely house on the first picture IMHO your poolbuild will go as a dance :-D Even if it looks like a pretty complicated construction with the deepend and all.
I will also follow your build closely.
Good luck!

Best wishes on your construction project, ours is actually going a little faster than I thought. My DH and I have learned one of the "great secrets of the world" - if companies can hire average people to do their jobs with training, then we too can do most things with "training". He is the do'er and I am the reader/trainer - we are a team. I researched pool projects for almost a year, reading everything I could find on the net - and sharing the select finds with him. We then decided what we did know and what we didn't know, and started to find people that did know what "we didn't know". Those people have been invaluable, as books and the net can only take you so far.

As a side note, we were scheduled to pick up our pool on a Wednesday, and he was admitted to the cardiac unit of local hospital on the Sunday, (4 days before) with chest pains.....
With many answered prayers, he was discharged late Monday night, with only a change in meds necessary, determined to start the pool a few days later. At first I was really concerned, but time has proven the doctors were right. He actually feels stronger than before. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.