Cloudy water after adding Bleach

mkohr

Mar 18, 2015
Lebanon, PA
I went away on vacation a for a few days. When i got back the pool looked perfectly clear, So figured i run the tests to to be safe. MY FC was 0.0 and CC was 1.5. So immediately panicked and dumped 1.5 gallon of bleach (12.5%) in the pool . The pool became extremely cloud within minutes of adding the bleach.
What caused this? My thought was algae bloom had started so i started doing a SLAM on my 2nd day now its clearing up but still a bit cloudy.

Good it cleared-up for you. But there are a couple items to watch based on your latest readings:
- PH should be between 7.2 - 7.8. If you need to SLAM (a possibility), it should be closer to 7.2
- CC of 1.5 is over our recommended <=.5 This indicates you have some organic material in your water and may using-up FC.

So even though your water is clear, there may be something trying to brew. You might want to consider lowering your PH to 7.2, and this evening do an OCLT as instructed HERE. If you fail the OLCT by losing more than 1 ppm FC overnight, it's time to SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.