Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We like the idea of upgrading the pool surface from a basic plaster to something that will last longer before needing to be resurfaced. My understanding is that quartz aggregates like Diamondbrite or Quartzscapes add some longevity, but pebble adds significantly more. Is that correct?

If we determine pebble is the best and we don't mind the added roughness (I would appreciate firsthand opinions on this too, please!), we are wondering if we can get a good result by using a generic pebble instead of name brand like Pebble Tec for the cost savings. I know there would be a warranty difference, but if we are not attached to a brand name, might this be a good option?

Stick with top brand like CLI, or NPT if you really want Pebble and don't want a PT price. Comparable, or arguably better than PT is WetEdge, so that might be an option to consider. Likely not a lot of savings, but possibly some. Quartz is a fantastic option for in between plaster and pebble, so don't dismiss it entirely. I love mine, and would likely choose it again over pebbles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.