Jul 7, 2015
Albany, Illinois
Hi,

I just wanted to start here by saying "Hi" and I'm really looking forward to learning from this awesome group. I have found myself constantly finding helpful information from this site through my troubleshooting web searches. I am attempting to do the BBB method even though I am a fairly new pool owner. Last season (my first) I did the typical pool store recommendations and had a really good first year. But, I did not take care of the pool properly before closing and now I'm fighting a green pool from the beginning this season. Lesson learned lol. It has gotten better (I think), started off with a swamp full of tadpoles and now closer to a blueish green like color.

Welcome to TFP!

You will need one of the Recommended Test Kits to properly manage your pool. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: TFTestkits.net. They ship fast - you should have it in your hands in 2-3 days with normal shipping. You will need this in order to do the SLAM Process properly.

While you are waiting for your kit to arrive, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
2. Chlorine CYA Chart
3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
4. Recommended Levels
5. Pool Math