Morzh, new guy here. Howdy!

morzh

Jul 3, 2015
Jackson, NJ
Mike's the name, native New Jersian, settled here right after coming to the US almost 26 years ago.
Live in Jackson, nice place, whatever other people say about it :lol:
Have been owning an above ground Doughboy (got it with a house) for 10 years, now moved to a new place with an in-ground swimming hole and this is where my experience is lacking. Plus I ran my above ground as an ion pool for probably seven years, and my chlorine use expertise suffered though I understand basics.
I have been in reading mode for a while, eventually decided to join.

For hobbies I did various things, nowadays it is old radios restoration.

Preferred drink: ale.
Preferred coffee: espresso and turkish.
Preferred meat for BBQ - lamb shish kabob.
Preferred wine: cheap.
Preferred car: Jeep.
Preferred mushrooms: picked in the wild.

:) there it is.

Mike.

Ha. Welcome back Mike. As you may already know, there are lots of good people and advice here, so make sure to visit periodically and ask all the questions you need to. Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Nice to have you with us!

Welcome to TFP!

Been through Jackson several times and agree that it seems like a nice area to me.

OK, back to pools...You will need one of the Recommended Test Kits to properly manage your pool. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: TFTestkits.net. They ship fast - you should have it in your hands in 2-3 days with normal shipping.

While you are waiting for your kit to arrive, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
2. Chlorine CYA Chart
3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
4. Recommended Levels
5. Pool Math

Thanks everyone!

Bo, will edit the signature as soon as I go and read the models off of the equipment, plus measure the pool to confirm what the builder told me (he built it 10 years back for the previous owner and did not quite remember so he used calculator).

Mike.