Flex PVC

jrv331

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
My local HomeDepot sells flexible pvc pretty cheap. Problem is it slightly ribbed on the outside, will that cause a problem when trying to glue the fittings on?
This is what it looks like
Thanks
John

Attachments

• hose.gif
    hose.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 345
Here that is called "tiger flex" Thats what most builders around here use for all the plumbing.
I have never heard of a problem in this area. Primed and glued properly and it should be alright.
I have heard of insect problems with this pipe in different parts of the U.S.A

We have regular PVC on our hard plumbing areas attached to the heater, and we have a section of that kind attached to the opening where our sump pump (rain water) exits the house. The ribbed stuff seems to discolor more and became brittle compared to the regular kind.

It will glue fine, but if the more pronounced the ribbing is on the inside the more it will add to the total head on your system. For that reason alone I'd suggest the smoother flex. I have also noticed a tendency for this stuff to get brittle faster as was mentioned.

The stuff I was looking at was completely smooth on the inside, the ribbing was just on the outside which I found to be strange. I just need a couple of small sections to complete some tricky turns with my pvc pipe.
Thanks
John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.