Design and layout

95Ag

Apr 6, 2015
China Spring, Tx
TFP-
We are currently still receiving bids, but are almost certain we have the company and design decided.
Wanted ya'll to take a look and offer any advice regarding the layout that we may be missing. We did not have a definite design to start the process and are still open to ideas.

36'6 x 21'
108 perimeter
663 sq ft
23,271 gallons
3'6" to 6' depth
860 sq ft deck (prob Sundek or similar)
7x7 spa, 18in raised
FNS plus 60 DE
Probably a "Pebble Tec" finish of some variety

2 LED lights, 1 spa light
Chlorine
Intelliflo VS+SVRS 125 gpm
KK platinum pressure cleaner (not sure what this is?)
Pent air cleaner 3/4 HP booster
Dual timer w/freeze PF-1202T
Rainbow 320 in line chlorinator

2 skimmers
2" main drain
(5) 1.5" returns

Am I missing any pertinent info?

Thanks!

I really like the design, very original. Go for a robot cleaner and ditch the pressure cleaner and booster pump. Are you planning to keep the in-line chlorinator just for occasional use and instead dose with bleach for normal sanitization? A SWCG is a good option unless you have soft stone - which from your pics looks like you might have flagstone coping.

Oh my goodness - fabulous design. I absolutely love it! For me, that would be First Place!

It's hard to tell by these drawings..... Do you have a second bench in the deep end on the spa side? You may not feel like you need one. It's more for a rest stop if a swimmer gets tired, or a fun place to hang out for chatting and sipping! I really like the configuration of everything! Bravo!

Keep us updated! Take care.
Suz.

It's hard to tell by these drawings..... Do you have a second bench in the deep end on the spa side? You may not feel like you need one. It's more for a rest stop if a swimmer gets tired, or a fun place to hang out for chatting and sipping.

+++1

Thanks for the replies!

BMore: I'm not exactly familiar with the equipment yet. For instance- I don't really know what the in-line chlorinator does? I also assumed we were getting a robot. I will be meeting with PB again to discuss those things and fully understand. Thanks for bringing up those questions.

Suz: good call on the bench. There is a small bench on deep end (to the left of tanning ledge), but I was considering removing the bench in the shallow end (right side of pool) and making a bench on back wall to the left of spa.

Yeah, with pools like many topics, you don't know what you don't know. Or, experience is what you get just after you need it.
An inline chlorinator is for using chlorine pucks for sanitization. However they constantly add CYA (cyanuric acid/stabilizer) to your pool. It is needed but at too high a level it becomes counterproductive and therefore a problem. I would suggest some reading in Pool School. See link at the top of the page. There is required information there to maintain your pool according to the methods espoused here at TFP.
Happy planning and reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.