Contract Specs...Need Help/Advice?!

Jun 3, 2015
Dallas. TX
Hello all! We are meeting with a PB Saturday to finalize the specs and options on the pool. Anything we need to change, add, remove? Thanks!!

Standard

1) All permits and plans

2) 6 bar box beam 12” x 18” with ½” steel

3) Walls 8” to 10” thickness

4) 4000psi gunite

5) 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 5 return jets

6) All plumbing Sch 40 no heat bend

7) 6” row of waterline tiles

8) LED light in Pool

9) Hose bib fill line and overflow line

10) Sprinkler reroute

11) Fence removal and reinstall

12) Bobcat dig with standard access

13) Pool school / instructional class

14) Pool brush, pool leaf skimmer / pole / initial start up chemicals

15) Lifetime structural warranty

16) 3 yr warranty on all pool equipment

Pool specific

1) Pool dimensions 24’ x 15’ with 78ft perimeter and 360sqft of surface area

2) Mini Pebble interior

3) Precasst coping

4) Tanning ledge

Equipment

1) Hayward Tristar 2 speed 1.5HP pump

2) Hayward 425 sqft cartridge filter

3) Aquanaut cleaner 2 wheel

4) P4 controller with salt

Decking

1) 450 sqft of decking (Belgard pavers)

2) 32sqft of footer for wall and kitchen

Arbor / Kitchen / Fireplace / Seating area

1) 22’ x 14’ covered patio

2) Electrical for patio

3) Fireplace wood burning

4) Seating walls (12.5’)

5) Kitchen area

Grand Total $60,892

Looks pretty good to me.

May want to just be sure that the suction lines (2 skimmers, and floor) are plumbed separately to the equipment pad with valves to control them ... and not all daisy chained together.

Seriously, Tim? How did we choose to say nearly exactly the same thing?
I am pretty sure that is the first time in all my 28k posts I have used the term "daisy-chain" :lol:
EDIT: Well, I used it once before in March 2014 ;)

HAHA! :lol:

Okay, so no daisy chaining, got it!

Anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

What about a backwash line? Our city doesn't require one, but should we go ahead and have it done in case we ever need to drain or partially drain the pool.

Did you created a 2nd account and post up a PDF? There is some confusion in the background ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Cartridge filters do not have backwash lines.
But you could have a 3-way valve added between the pump and filter so that you can pump/vacuum to waste.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks pretty good to me.

May want to just be sure that the suction lines (2 skimmers, and floor) are plumbed separately to the equipment pad with valves to control them ... and not all daisy chained together.

I would want all skimmers/drains on individual pipes with valves back at the pad. Don't daisy chain them all together.

Showed this to husband...he asked why and I have no idea! Haha I just said "because they said on TFP"

Why do we need to have them on individual pipes? What is bad about "daisy chains"?

Mostly you would have better ability to control where the suction is coming from. That is a suction cleaner right? If it is going to be attached to one of the skimmers, then you will need to adjust how much flow it gets. If it is a suction cleaner, you might consider have an isolated in-wall suction line for it ... also run separately to the pump.

Then there is the option to close off one of the lines if for some reason it started to leak.

And with the floor isolated you can drain a good amount of water with the pool pump if needed.

Etc.

Mostly you would have better ability to control where the suction is coming from. That is a suction cleaner right? If it is going to be attached to one of the skimmers, then you will need to adjust how much flow it gets. If it is a suction cleaner, you might consider have an isolated in-wall suction line for it ... also run separately to the pump.

Then there is the option to close off one of the lines if for some reason it started to leak.

And with the floor isolated you can drain a good amount of water with the pool pump if needed.

Etc.

Thank you!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.