Rain rain go away!!

shutch

Jun 8, 2013
Missouri
Hello everyone! We have been trying to get this pool up for weeks! After numerous setbacks, we finally began filling about three days ago. We are almost to the point where the cut is needed for the skimmer. My dilemma is the rain. It rained all night and we are looking at two more days of rain. :grrrr: So what should I do now? Just wait or should I go ahead and place the stabilizer in the sock and/or add any chlorine? I don't want the water to get funky! Oh and we do not have a cover; however, we do have 90% of it covered with a tarp.

Well, if you are going to be replacing or draining much water, then it's cheaper to keep a little free chlorine in there until you aren't. If you stay covered though, won't that keep rain out? If not, replace chlorine until it drys out some. With no Cya, it only takes 3 PPM or so to stay good, but if you get any sun, that will be gone in no time at zero Cya

So far, I don't think we will have to drain as we aren't even full yet. The cover that is on there is basically a tarp and it is holding only water right now (no leaves, bugs, etc). it is a square cover on a round pool, so there is a small spot uncovered on two sides. The sun hasn't been out today and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow, so probably be cloudy again. I just didn't want to pull that cover off and have the start of green water or algae since we haven't even got the skimmer hole cut, of course the pump isn't running.

My Intex has been taking a few days to fill. (We went away for two days, didn't want to full while we weren't there) I added a little bleach and used the net to swish it around. It got me thinking about how people seem surprised that their pool can go green so soon after filling. It would be those, like me, who are taking more than two days to get it filled. It then goes quite a while with no chlorine. They count from the day they turned on the filter, not when they actually filled it. I didn't use very much cl., as there isn't any CYA in yet.

no reason you cant keep the pool chlorinated during long refill. just add your bleach and use a brush to mix the water. it will be fine. you will lose more during the day with no CYA but just hit it twice and definitely get it up for the night hours so it can fight the algae without fighting the sun. to throw your CYA in from the get go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.