Propane costs

no-mas

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2008
FL
A barrel of oil costs about a quarter what it has over the past year; gasoline is about half what it was, or slightly less; I recently had my propane tank filled for $4.25/gal - I was somewhat surprised, and expected it to be less. Any of you care to share what you paid for propane if you had a delivery over the past few months?

A barrel of oil costs about a quarter what it has over the past year; gasoline is about half what it was, or slightly less

Actually, if you track the wholesale prices for gasoline they lag the price of oil by about 2 weeks but have fallen just as much. The reason it doesn't seem like it is that your friendly federal, state and local governments don't take their cut until it gets to the pump

If gas was being given away to the station owners taxes would keep the cost ranging from $.629 per gallon in NY to $.264 per gallon in Alaska.

We'd be paying $.384 here in Texas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.