artwalker

artwalker

Gold Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Hi, my name is Art Walker, I have lived in southwest Orlando, FL since October 1987. I am a retired US Navy Commander, retired in September 1991. I have operated my own real estate and mortgage brokerage business since 1991. Due to all the legislative changes to the mortgage origination business, I ceased originating mortgage loans in 2013, but continue operating as a real estate broker.
I am married and have two adult children. I came across this website while looking for information to help me with my green pool. I look forward to my continued association with TFP and its members and am anxious to learn from all of you about maintaining my pool. Thank you!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

You have passed the first test in that you have your location and pool information set up perfectly for us to help you. :goodjob:

Is it green now? Do you have a quality test kit?

I will assume yes and no to my two questions. So, My first suggestion is to stop going to the pool store. Their only response it to sell you something that probably won't work.

I will tell you, it didn't turn green overnight and it will take time to clear. But, we can teach you how to get it sparkling and keep it that was for a lot less money than the pool store.

Not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework assignment. Start with Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

YES! Another Florida person! We are catching up to TX!

Art you are so on the right track! Finding TFP will save you SO much money and make your pool into the jewel it was meant to be.

Now do your homework from Tim. It will be fun!

Let us know when you get your test kit in so we can help you learn how to use it BUT I really thing you will not have any problems since you have already done so much right already!

Kim