I think I've fought off the algae, but I have a filter question...

May 22, 2015
Macomb, MI
I passed two of the three criteria for fighting off the algae (FC/CC/OCLT) this last evening (I think I would've passed a couple days ago, but was out of reagent), but I still have the cloudy blue water. I can tell it is getting better, but it's taking it's dear sweet time. I've been running the filter (Tagelus 60 sand filter) pretty much continuously 24/7 since around the 27th or 28th (had a couple of nights off, because the pump got into a rhythmic hum that had me worried). I did backwash every other day and then I did about 3 days in a row, but my question is regarding pressure. It's clean pressure is 20, but it's not moving past that at all - eh, maybe 21. The gauge does go to zero when turned off and changes during backwash/rinse/waste. Do I need to backwash if that pressure isn't increasing? Should I be expecting pressure build up fairly quickly or does it just take longer than I'm expecting? I do have skimmer sock that I put on the skimmer the day before yesterday, but even before that, I didn't see pressure rising.

Including some progress pics of the pool to show the TFP method works!

Attachments

• IMAG1136.jpg
    IMAG1136.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2015-07-07 09.37.31.jpg
    2015-07-07 09.37.31.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 56
  • 2015-06-30 11.44.08.jpg
    2015-06-30 11.44.08.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 57
Backwash when pressure rises 20-25%. So around 25. The skimmer sock should be catching what the filer would have. Just let it run and it will clear up. Dirtier filter filters better than freshly backwashed.

LOL but this $25 will last FOREVER! I cannot even tell I have used any of mine!

AND it will save you money--------------the faster you clear up your pool the less bleach you have to buy so...........LOL

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.