Hard water vs. Water softener

ARV

Jul 7, 2015
Patterson, Ca
Water where I live is very hard at a 17 if anyone can relate that's my setting. Filled n set up with hard water but when i was let loose with it by myself the pool school said it was better to use my softener but a lil more use on the salt.Any ideas about this.also I'm a newb

Welcome back ARV! Sure, hard water can have its concerns on some pool owners, and no doubt certain locations are known for having exceptionally hard water. This can impact the shell of the pool and/or equipment and hardware. But that's why we emphasize testing and posting results to confirm if there's a need to be concerned. Since your pool is a new build, you certainly have plaster concerns and warranty issues to contend with. Have you seen our plaster start-up page: Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

If you could post a full set of results with your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 that would be great.

I'm using the 5 in one given at start up will order new test kit asap.but for now I've checked at Leslie's to compare to my results n are pretty close. Although they tried to sell me this pool stuff for 60 dollars for phosfrate I believe. Lol I laughed n just bought my acid.lol numbers chlorine ideal ph on the lower side but I just brought my alkalinity down from 8.2 to 7.6 took a couple weeks though. Leslie's says rest results are within peramiters. So I've all down shocked n now converting from tablets to bleach as of tonite. Thanks for all the help most of my questions were answered just by reading what an awesome site .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.