PVC Cement

Anything rated for schedule 40 pipe with the diameter that you are using will be fine. Between the various choices, all good, there are minor variations. The heavy duty cement tends to set up more quickly, so you have less time to get the pipe into the fitting. If you are mixing PVC with CPVC or ABS you need to use an all purpose cement. If you are working at extreme temperatures use an all weather variety. For normal everyday use, almost all of them work fine, just check the rating and be sure it is rated for schedule 40 and not just for DWV.

Medium weight wet/dry is what I have ususlly seen used. No matter which one you choose do NOT skip the all important cleaning and priming steps if you want a secure bond.

i personally like the clear primer and glue.. keeps everything looking neat and clean. The poollite drys very very fast which is why most pool store sells it. But ive only seen it in the blue color which i dont like. Its great for underground repairs and new plumbing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.