Ground leveling to install 22' x 52"

I have had intex pools before. I just purchased the 22 x 52 round ultra frame pool. I need to level the ground, then I was going to lay a tarp then put down sand then use the gorilla foam mates. My first question is how much sand will I need to give me a good 2 to 3" base. Second question is there something that can be put in between the poles to keep the sand from coming out and give the pool more support? Has anyone used a sand and saltwalter system together? How much salt will I need to add to the pool? Lots of questions, but really could use all the help I can get. I want this one to last long time.

Thank you all Tina

I would save your money on the sand and use it to buy some foam sheets instead for the bottom, much better. Level the ground, lay in your support blocks, then throw a Gorilla mat down and foam sheets. Put pool right over that, your good to go.

My husband had me order 5 ton for my 26', and there was quite a bit extra. Our Gorilla pad was 27 feet, so we let the extra hang over the blocks under the legs, and we are going to put some leftover gravel over it. We leveled the blocks,and the pad should reassure that the blocks don't rub on the liner. Also the pad should keep the sand from washing away. Nearly filled, the bottom feels great, much better than our old setup in the 18'. We set the new one up on the edge of a field, needed added insurance against grass and bugs.

Don't put 2" of sand under the pool. It will wash away or critters will dig tunnels in it and your pool will sink.
Dig the ground down to level within 1/2" or so.
You can use either sand or crusher run (preferably) to smooth that out. But it's the ground that should support the pool, not sand.
Then put down foam for a nice base.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.