Night owl? Morning person?

May 26, 2015
Northeast,Alabama
I am definitely a night owl. I don't work in the summer and usually go to bed between 2:00-3:00am and get up between 10:00-11:00am. I just feel better when I'm on this time. When I head back to work in the fall, it's a struggle to get up at 5:00am all year.

Hello night owls. I had four days off and I basically slept for three of them. Now, I cannot fall asleep and my alarm will ring in 3.5 hours. Years ago, I worked a rotating shift and my favorite was 10pm - 6am. I really like staying up all night and sleeping all day. Then, college degrees and being a "professional" pulled me away from that life. I am going to try and sleep now.

Do I have friends in education on here? Kevin and aserrano your answers are exactly what I would have typed! Enjoy your summer!

I am definitely a night owl. I don't work in the summer and usually go to bed between 2:00-3:00am and get up between 10:00-11:00am. I just feel better when I'm on this time. When I head back to work in the fall, it's a struggle to get up at 5:00am all year.

I am a night owl too! I am off for summer break and I usually go to sleep around 3:30- and wake up about 10:30a. I will hate going back to work and will be a zombie for the first two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol, nice PE humor Kevin. It does fly by for sure...we go back in mid-August. While I miss the kids, I also miss my time getting caught up on everything at home that gets put on the back burner due to school responsibilities!! I'm not very good at balance sometimes! Aserrano, I bet so...nice change after working in the summer!
Yes, middle school PE. I'm surprised I can even spell or type! A little PE humor! Enjoy your summer as well. It seems to always fly by when you hit July.

I work in the office. I was a school secretary for 12 years(no summers off). So I decide to change my position so now I have 8 weeks off in the summer! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk

Some people are sunrise and some are sunset, I'm a sunrise person. I get up at 4:30am for work. Even on weekends I'm up at 5:00 for no reason, no matter how late I go to bed. It's so nice not dealing with AM traffic and weekends and are so pleasant to have coffee and read the paper by by the pool real early. No noises from neighbors, cars or the neighborhood kids. Only noise is the birds chirping.

Some people are sunrise and some are sunset, I'm a sunrise person. I get up at 4:30am for work. Even on weekends I'm up at 5:00 for no reason, no matter how late I go to bed. It's so nice not dealing with AM traffic and weekends and are so pleasant to have coffee and read the paper by by the pool real early. No noises from neighbors, cars or the neighborhood kids. Only noise is the birds chirping.

What a great way to start the day. When I worked shifts and came home around 7, I would sit on the front porch and bask in the morning sun as my neighbors headed off to work. That was very relaxing.

I've worked all kinds of shifts. If I had to pick I would say I like 2nd the best. I lived on a lake at the time and the best times to fish are early in the morning and right at dusk. So I would get up, fish, work, fish, and go to sleep. Was great.

Now a days I'm up at 4:00am back in bed around 11:00pm. I like to watch TV in peace, so the morning is my chance.

Hey Kevin, how can we convince the states to open a "2nd shift" school? All this research has been done on how teenagers are not morning people, and we didn't really need research to tell us that!! I'd absolutely be on the transfer list ASAP!! :)
When I was younger, I use to work 7 day swing shifts. I always preferred 2nd or 3rd shift over days. Then they switched to 12hr shifts 1 month on days then 1 month on nights. Still preferred the night shifts.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.