Circulation problem

May 17, 2012
Southern Indiana
Hi! I'm taking care of a friends 24' above ground pool while they're on vacation. She uses the BBB method as do I. She's had algae problems most of the summer. Not sure if this is normal for previous years. CYA is 40. I tested yesterday with 20 being result so added 2 pounds to get it there. I know that could be part of the problem. Noticed today the return eyeball is not positioned well, just moving top part of the water. I tried to reposition but couldn't loosen the collar. Saw lots of dead algae on bottom of pool when I brushed. She has an Aquabot pool rover Jr. that I don't know anything about but have brought up the owners manual online so I can educate myself. Will that help keep things moving on the bottom until they return home and can take care of the eyeball situation themselves? Thanks for the advice!

It could be a problem of circulation, but more likely an issue with chlorine not being maintained above minimum level at all times and inadequate brushing/cleaner usage. The 40 CYA should help the FC from dropping lower between doses, provided they are now always keeping it at or above 3 FC. They should perform a SLAM when they return.

It could be a problem of circulation, but more likely an issue with chlorine not being maintained above minimum level at all times and inadequate brushing/cleaner usage. The 40 CYA should help the FC from dropping lower between doses, provided they are now always keeping it at or above 3 FC. They should perform a SLAM when they return.

Thanks. I'll be making sure the chlorine is well maintained!

Always remember this... If it's green, it needs chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.