New from the beautiful NJ shore

Heckpools

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey shore
:wave:

Hello everyone,
Been in the business about 6 years now, and im Going off on my own this year like a big boy :)
lol, Im 26 born and raised here at the NJ shore. first few years i worked for steve gorlin and his extremely large pool company, and the last few years ive worked at a much smaller, local pool builder and service company. i LOVE being a service tech and even though the economy is horrible i have faith that ill make it just fine on my own!! Ive been told for the last few years by many customers i NEED to just work for myself and im the only pool guy they have met that they trusted and liked :goodjob: Us pool guys dont really have a good rep huh?? too many jerkies out there i guess

hope to learn some new things here and meet some cool people along the way!

Matt

Hi. Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

too many jerkies out there i guess
No, not at all. I do think the pool industry has done a disservice to most "hands on" people by not making available the proper pool water knowledge.

This forum works hard to simplify some of the mysteries of pool maintenance and to dispell some of the things that the larger pool industry chooses to ignore.

We're lucky to have on the forum many, many "hands on" pros (like Sphisex, waste, Waterbear and others like you ) who contibute greatly to our collective knowledge.