Jandy Pool Filter, Model CL340

morzh

Jul 3, 2015
Jackson, NJ
Hi,

Still learning my new in-ground pool I got with a new house.

It has a filter, the model CL340 by Jandy.

Now, questions:

1. The filter does not seem to have any large outlet for backwash/waste. Is this even intended, and if needed, what do I do?
2. It has a small spigot which I used when needed to dump some water after a large rainfall. Is this it?
3. No handle to switch modes. or haven't I noticed?
4. On top there is that thing that looks like a flashlight with a window that is somewhat tarnished. It says "Clear" on one 9 o'clock side and "Dirty" on 3 o'clock. There isn't anything that I can possibly use as an indicator. How does it work?
5. Does it have a place to measure the pressure? Is the pressure even measured in above-ground pools, and if yes, why is there no gauge here?
6. How do I clean the thing? And when do I know I need to?

Anything about this one I need to know?

Mike

1) That is a cartridge filter. You do not backwash them. You could add a 3-way valve between the pump and filter if you wanted a waste option more than #2
2) That is an option to dump to waste, see #1
3) ??? What modes? On the filter? Again, cartridge filters do not have modes
4) Picture? Sounds like a pressure gauge. Ignore the clean and dirty markings. We recommend cleaning when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure
5) See #4, there should be a gauge. You sure there is not a sticker over the face of it for shipping?
6) See #4, You open the filter, take the cartridge out, spray it clean: Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Jason

Thanks for replying, here are some photos of that do-heckey from #4.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Weird. There should be a pressure gauge in that window. And the back might be the air release valve. You may have to buy that whole piece and not an aftermarket gauge.

Yes the knob in the back is pressure release.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0291800.ashx

This is the manual. They show exact same thing except they call it pressure gauge/air release assembly.
Maybe there was a PG inside, maybe it crumbled and the owner removed it.

The guy who opened the pool last month is the same guy who built this pool 10 years ago, he did not say anything about this thing when asked, except he did use it to release air.

PS. Went to look by PN, found this

Gauge/Air Release Assembly

bought on Amazon, free shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.