back from vacation/Found odd rock in pool

Jun 1, 2015
Central TX
Background info first:
16' Intex AG, salt water chlorinator, cartridge filter

Before leaving for 10 day vacation my levels were within range. I decided to avoid any swamp issues by pouring an unknown quantity of bleach to shock the pool (approx 30oz) and covered with factory cover.

When I returned, the cover was mostly inside the pool, blocking the return and limiting the intake. The filter was mostly clean, so I sprayed it off. The pool was filled with 1 large backswimmer, numerous small bugs that could swim excellently and alot of surface debris. I plugged in the skimmer and tested the water. The results were:
FC 6.8
CC .2
Ph 7.4
TA 130
CH 110
Cya 75

After running the skimmer for a few hours the backswimmer was gone and after a day all bugs disappeared. I though "GREAT". But while vacuuming I noticed something odd, causing this post.

In the center of the pool, down on the bottom, I sucked up a ping pong size, white, ball like substance. It was rock like and slightly hard. I was able to step on it and broke it up. Once broken, the substance was sandy.

What is it??? Calcium?
How did it get in the pool? Is it something I am doing wrong?

The water is beautiful. Clear. Clean. Refreshing.

Any guesses?

Butch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.