Waterfall Algae Prevention

michaelrbanks

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
This just occurred to me... If you look at the picture below, the brown boulders across the back of the pool house a "weeping waterfall." When the pool was built, I saw inside & it's essentially a trough that fills up and gently overflows down the rock face when running. The builder recommended running it once a week to keep it clean, but I'm wondering if that's really enough. Thoughts or recommendations?

pool_deep_end.jpgwaterfall.JPG

I agree, once a week is not going to be sufficient. The FC will drop to "0" and start to grow in a few days and then when the pump kicks on it's going to dump it in the pool. Lisa's idea of a couple of hours a day sounds like a good one.

I have a grotto with large water fall and I have it programed to run for 30 minutes per day and do not have any problems with it; also, have water slide with two sheer descents and those I have run for 15 minutes per day as well and no problems with them either. If pumps do not move water thru descents and water falls no chlorine gets to those areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.