POP support- Do I stop this SLAM?

Jul 1, 2015
Thomasville, NC
I am not sure if I am just getting impatient or if I need to stop this SLAM. I wish I knew if this was algae, copper or both! The largest picture where you can see the debris on the bottom was pre-slam. All of that was cleaned out prior to the SLAM. The other three are from yesterday, including my brown steps.

I have been SLAM since Sunday with not much improvement in the water. It is clear ( for the most part) but green; a beautiful emerald green. I have been able to see the bottom of the deep end since before starting the SLAM. It is more green in the center of the deep end and the edges are more clear. I have passed the OCLT and CC is at 0.25ppm but still green.

The pool stored opened my pool this year, late in June. I had a baby in December and just could not get to it so I called them for help. They added copper algaecide and then had me add more to try and clear this up. Yes, I was pool stored. Never again. So, I know copper was added. My steps have turned a nice shade of brown. I have never actually seen any green algae growing on the surfaces; only green water. Two pool store tests show no metals; for whatever that is worth.

I am afraid to stop the SLAM too early but wondering if I am wasting my time, especially since I will have to lower the FC in order to add sequestrant if it is in fact copper. Am I just being impatient?I posted most of the results from my SLAM thus far in my initial post ( pre-SLAM help).

I ordered to DE add to my sand filter to see if will help clear it.
I ordered metal out just in case I need to treat for metal
I ran out of titrating reagent but should have more in the mail today with my K-2006 kit in case I need to continue the SLAM

What would you guys do in this situation? Thanks for the support.

Attachments

• image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 39
  • green pool.jpg
    green pool.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 39
Despite the tint, is the water clear enough to clearly see the main drain, even after brushing?

If you've passed the OCLT more than once and CC is also low (don't know where you got .25) and the water is that clear, then you can stop with the bleach and let FC drop. Get things balanced and then add metal sequestrant. I recall in years past others have had the same problem and after adding the sequestrant the pool turned clear within minutes.

You know that copper will still be in there, right? Sequestrant doesn;t remove it, it just binds to it. Sequestrant is to metals what the hard candy shell is to the chocolate in an M&M.

Thanks, Richard! CC was 0.5; not 0.25ppm ( 1 drop of titrating reagent using 10mL of pool water). Yes, unfortunately I do realize that the copper is there to stay and I will probably drain some of my water before closing up this year if the sequestrant works. This is so frustrating but I am learning a ton!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.