Best brush for IG vinyl liner

Jul 2, 2014
Hudson, wi
I purchased a Tigershark robot this year and now that I know what to expect have been happy with it. The hard to reach areas of the angled and vertical walls and corners need to be brushed better than what the robot seems to be able to do. I have a nylon/synthetic brush I used for cleaning my wood deck that feels about the same as my pool brush and was thinking I would like to try that in the areas that the robot is having difficulty, would this be OK for the liner? Is there a more aggressive "brush" that I can get for the Tigershark? I'm not sure what the stuff is but it is like a scum that is stuck in the small low spots, I don't remember having them last year and I don't think I used the brush more than 1 or 2 times. Looking for thoughts to help bring the pool to the next level. Thanks

On a side note when we were in the pool on Sunday I told the wife we might need to add some water for the first time this year. Then Sunday night we get a torrential rain of 6 inches and the pool is overfilled now and I need to pump some out. The bad part is with all the rain we have been getting I get a lot of worms in the pool which are taken care of thanks to the Tigershark.

Most any pool brush with plastic bristles will work fine. Stay away from anything that has metal bristles. I bought the Stanley brand brush this year. Works well but the bristles are a bit too flexible. When I apply pressure, the metal brush head drags along the surface in front of the bristles. If you're having scum stuck in low spots, are you sure you don't have any algae problem? I only ever see bugs, dust, seeds and water logged leaves on the bottom of my pool and a very light brushing moves those around.

I also have a Tigershark and I believe there is only one type of roller brush available for them. I have the high velocity inlet for my TigerShark, not sure if that would help on the scum though. High Velocity Inlet

Can you post full test results?

I have a Polaris and it keeps the pool clean, but when my pool needs a little extra brushing, I use a Wall Whale brush. The fin on the brush provides resistance to keep the brush firmly against the pool wall or floor. This operation is much less physical than having to hold the pole brush against the wall while pushing the pole down the wall. I feel certain that I am getting a much better brushing from the Wall Whale compared to a simple brush. You can find it on Amazon for $30 or less.

I posted my numbers the other day and I don't remember them all but everything seemed OK. I was posting because my TA is around 150. I am going through about 1 gallon of 12.5% a day and my CC has been .5 all season since it was balanced at the opening, more bleach than I used last year but the numbers don't lie. I was thinking of trying my nylon bristle deck brush so I could get more leverage and doing it while in the pool, I like the whale tail thing but they are on back order right now. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.