Completed Build in Magnolia, TX

pcool69

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2014
Magnolia TX
Joined TFP in November as we were preparing to build our first pool! The big dig started on December 9th 2014 and 8.5 weeks later I started filling the pool on February 6th 2015. My PB was/is outstanding! The only issue we had during the entire process was when the deck crew choose to bury the chicken bones from their lunch in the yard instead of throwing them away. My dogs found the bones in 10 seconds and my wife found them eating the bones. We were very angry at the time. Thankfully, the dogs were ok.

The details of the pool are in my signature. I have spent hours on the forum reading and have learned so much. Thank you all for your contributions, this place is incredible. It is time for me to give a little.

Our build started around March of 2014 when the Admiral (AKA the Wife) said "I want a pool"! After some discussion, we agreed that we would build the pool but only after we sold our beloved boat. It was not being used enough. My wife loved the boat more than I did and would often take it out by herself when I was working. Ultimately, it was her decision. For the record, it’s true what they say about boat ownership.

Once we sold this
14063186896_865b7a7330_z_d.jpg

We picked this design

16084288875_ba711fb09e_z_d.jpg

I love your design for your pool! And I'm envious of all the space you have! It seems to go on and on and on.... The gunite work looks fabulous - very neat edges, etc.
Take care! Suz.

Thanks Suz. We moved from Cypress 2 years ago because I was tired of sharing everything with the neighbors. I have been enjoying your build and am looking forward to seeing the finished product! I will bet that it will exceed your expectations once it is finished.

Joined TFP in November as we were preparing to build our first pool! The big dig started on December 9th 2014 and 8.5 weeks later I started filling the pool on February 6th 2015. My PB was/is outstanding! The only issue we had during the entire process was when the deck crew choose to bury the chicken bones from their lunch in the yard instead of throwing them away. My dogs found the bones in 10 seconds and my wife found them eating the bones. We were very angry at the time. Thankfully, the dogs were ok.

The details of the pool are in my signature. I have spent hours on the forum reading and have learned so much. Thank you all for your contributions, this place is incredible. It is time for me to give a little.

Our build started around March of 2014 when the Admiral (AKA the Wife) said "I want a pool"! After some discussion, we agreed that we would build the pool but only after we sold our beloved boat. It was not being used enough. My wife loved the boat more than I did and would often take it out by herself when I was working. Ultimately, it was her decision. For the record, it’s true what they say about boat ownership.

Once we sold this
14063186896_865b7a7330_z_d.jpg

We picked this design
16084288875_b4c5e80069_z_d.jpg

Best decision I ever made was selling my boats and getting completely out of the Marine Industry.

I'm sure your loving your pool far more than you loved your Boat!

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gorgeous rock waterfall! That's impressive. I love the tile. I believe it was one of our first contenders. My favorite feature? The flagstone sun shelf! That's the greatest and will be fabulous under water. You sure are making us wait for the finale!!! Sighhhhhhh.....
Suz.

Whew!!! I was worried I might have to step up, but then I remembered ya'll are finished with your pool!!! I can't wait to see the Tahoe Blue. Maybe I will get even more confused!!! :scratch:

Suz.

Does not matter Suz as I still have the KEY! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

This is one NICE pool! I love everything about it! I can't wait to see the end results!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.