Newbie about to buy TF-100..Help please!

Jun 2, 2015
Four Oaks,NC
Hello everyone! I've been reading and reading up on everything on this wonderful website. We are first time pool owners and are very excited about ordering our test kit, which brings me to my question. We set up a 22' round 52" deep AG pool with sand filter and SWG.

I'm looking at ordering the TF-100, do I need to add the Taylor k-1766 salt test and or salt test strips?

TIA

Hi and welcome to TFP!
Great job on deciding on the TF100. You wont regret it.

The salt test kit isn't a requirement, but they are nice to have. The K1766 is more accurate and you can do more tests with it than the strips, so is probably a better value than the strips are.

Thanks everyone, I will post the results as soon I get them! I have been watching the videos on YouTube as to how to use the kit and looks easy. Hope it really is when I have the test in my hands. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. *excited over here* lol

In the mean time,
do have a basic understaning of the ABC's of Pool Chemistry? This explains what each water parameter is, and which chemical is used to adjust it.

And the recommended levels?
and The FC/CYA chart so you know what your chlorine level should be?
And how to use pool math to figure out how much of something to add?

If not, git bizzy !! :)

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html
Thanks everyone, I will post the results as soon I get them! I have been watching the videos on YouTube as to how to use the kit and looks easy. Hope it really is when I have the test in my hands. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. *excited over here* lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.