First Test with TF100

Jul 1, 2015
Cartersville, GA
After dealing with local pool stores for the past 12 years I had enough. At the beginning of the season I started using generic chemicals (bleach, muriatic acid, baking soda, etc). That worked just ok but I knew there should be more. Started reading here and ordered the TF100. Below are the results of my first test.

PH 7.2
FC 4.5
CC .5
CH 125
TA 80
CYA 40

Conditioner is the only pool marketed chemical I have purchased. Is there an alternative or am I stuck with buying it as a pool product?

Combined Chloramines - Am I correct in saying this is the only issue? Looks like I need to get the free chlorine up to 16 to get the CC to below .3ppm.

Really impressed with the TF100 and just how easy the kit is to use.

CC is fine as long as it is .5 or less (1 drop only to get back to clear).

What type of pool do you have (plaster, vinyl, or fiberglass)? If it is plaster or fiberglass your CH is low.

By conditioner, do you mean stabilizer or CYA? If so then yes, that's the only thing that you need to buy as a "pool chemical".

Those numbers look great! Congrats on the new kit and taking over your pool.

Your CH is fine for vinyl. I get my CYA at Lowes in the pool section near the garden section.

All you need to do is keep PH between 7.2 and 7.8 and maintain chlorine at target or a tad higher.
Happy :swim:

What you need to do now is :splash:

A few days maintaining the proper FC level will eliminate any lingering CC. Unless the water is green or cloudy. Too often we concentrate on test results and omit the ultimate test: how does the water look? Nobody but us cares about test results. The rest of the world is more impressed by crystal clear sparkling water that doesn't smell and doesn't dry skin or burn their eyes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.