Rainwater question

Jun 11, 2015
O'Fallon, MO
Hi everyone,

I have a 24'x52" Intex metal frame AG. We finally got it up in between constant rain & then it literally rained/stormed every day for almost 3 solid weeks with maybe one dry day 2-3 times. I'm in MO where lots of flooding has taken place. So.....it's finally dried up enough for me to get the pump/filter set up & start filling. I measured & it has just about a foot of rainwater. I got in & the bottom is very slimy feeling although the water is very clear. I haven't added any chemicals. Should I drain off the rainwater & then start filling or can I add to the rainwater? I have well water with no rust or staining, but lots of minerals. And, yes my bad, but I delayed ordering my kit so until mid week all I have is a cheap chlorine/Ph/Bromine from Walmart test kit. Thanks in advance!

Add to it! Rainwater will have no Calcium or Iron in it! Use the current depth and the diameter to get a volume and let poolmath tell you how much bleach 10 FC is. Dribble that amount of bleach into the hose stream as you start filling it and scrub with a brush. You'll be halfway done with the SLAM before the pump even gets going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.