Pool water discharge weak

Bud

Jul 5, 2015
virginia beach
Good day, i recently acquired an home that has an old pool with new vinyl liner installed, im new so please play nice...haha, the predicament im in evolves weak discharge on the jets, but as soon as i clean the d.e filter it will be nice and strong stream coming out but after a day or two it becomes weak again, this happens only at filter mode, but when i switch it to recirc it stays steady strong even after the filter mode ejects weak pressure to the jets, i have a new 3/4 hp jandy pool pump, inground pool 20x40, hayward filter that seems old as well, thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

Sounds like you have some debris in the pool clogging up the filter. If you can't see it then it is probably the early stage of an algae bloom. Algae is caused by low chlorine level relative to the CYA level. Chlorine level is set based on CYA and the Chlorine CYA Chart. Chlorine should always be at target and never below minimum for your CYA.

You can raise FC up to 10ish and Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to see if there is organic matter in the pool consuming your chlorine. If it doesn't pass then SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain to get rid of it.

You will need a good test kit if you don't have one from the Test Kits Compared. I use the TF100 from TFTestkits.net.

Welcome! :wave:

You have a dirty filter. And it got that way because you have a dirty pool. It's working the way it's designed: strain out debris in the water and trap it and return clean water to the pool. When it clogs up, you backwash and get rid of the junk.

How does the water look? When a filter clogs that quickly, something is wrong. If it's green and murky, you know what it is. But it could be an algae bloom gathering strength, and you're just holding it off. If you don't eradicate the cloudiness by killing the algae, you'll never get ahead of it to where your filter lasts weeks or months between backwashes. It will keep growing as fast as you can kill and filter it.

Right now its dark green , i kinda got tired and seek for help here first before i go at it again, i was thingking that it might have like a cracked underground pvc or something, thank you every one and tomorrow i will shock the **** out of the pool with algaecide or something and post results

Right now its dark green , i kinda got tired and seek for help here first before i go at it again, i was thingking that it might have like a cracked underground pvc or something, thank you every one and tomorrow i will shock the **** out of the pool with algaecide or something and post results

Algaecide or something else should be bleach, and the &6#5 level depends on the CYA level. Rather than bore you with pool school links, check out some of these before and after stories. Recovering my old inspirational links Most recent are the last ones. Just do what they did.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.