Defective Pentair 261186 Multi-valve WARNING

Sep 22, 2014
Honduras
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I'm convinced that the Pentair 261186 Multi-valve is a defective product.

We used this valve as a replacement on an AquaTools AT3115 sand filter after the spider gasket in the original valve gave way. After two months, all the dirt (not filter sand) when vacuuming was coming right back in through the jets. I replaced the spider gasket twice with no luck, and Amazon thoughtfully sent another valve, which failed at 8 weeks of use.

Amazon.com : Pentair 261186 Valve Replacement Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo High-Rate Pool and Spa Sand Filter : Outdoor Spas : Patio, Lawn Garden

Here's a pic. I used floculant and opened up the return in the smaller separate part of the pool, so that the two jets in the main part of the pool had minimal pressure. Essentially, all the "filtered" water goes here first:
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

It's a 4500 gallon in-ground concrete/tile pool with a 1hp pump. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I've backwashed, deep-cleaned, ect. to no avail.

Drew
Honduras

Sorry you have not received a reply. I cannot help with your issue. Even on this VERY busy forum, there are sometimes questions that no one has a good answer for. Your's might be one of them.

My experience has been that if I do not rinse the filter for the same amount of time that I spend backwashing, the junk will blow back into the pool. This is especially true when I have a lot of dead algae in the pool. Once I learned to backwash/rinse in alternating cycles I have never had junk blowing back into the pool. If the valve is truly bad and it is not functioning properly I suppose a completely new filter is in order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.